WHO WE ARE
PERSONAL DATA WE COLLECT
- Details of transactions you carry out through our site and of the fulfilment and administration of your orders.
- Email: whenever you contact us, either via our contact web form or directly by email, we require your email address to reply to you. We only require your email to reply to you, but existing customers contacting us will be asked for a few extra details as shown on our web form, such as your domain name, customer number and characters from your account (not login) password. This is for security purposes and allows us to address your issues more promptly. We do not collect, store or share your email address when contacting us with queries. We do not operate or use any Mailing Lists on this site or via any third-parties.
- Your name, postal/billing address, phone number, email address. These details are collected by our shopping cart system whenever you place an order with us. Orders include ordering or renewing a web hosting account, ordering or renewing optional extras, and adding an existing domain to our service. These details are required to process orders, register (order), renew and manage domain names by us. Please refer to the third party providers we use and share your details with below (Who we share your information with
). We do not operate or use any Affiliate Mailing Lists on this site or via any third-parties.
WHERE WE STORE YOUR PERSONAL DATA
- Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password which enables you to access certain parts of our site, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share a password with anyone.
- Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the Internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to our site; any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access.
HOW WE PROTECT YOUR DATA
Web Hosting Plus is committed to keeping your personal data safe and secure.
Our security measures include:
- encryption of data;
- regular cyber security assessments of all service providers who may handle your personal data;
- regular scenario planning and crisis management exercises to ensure we are ready to respond to cyber security attacks and data security incidents;
- daily penetration testing of systems;
- security controls which protect the entire Web Hosting Plus IT infrastructure from external attack and unauthorised access; and
- internal policies setting out our data security approach and training for employees.
HOW WE USE YOUR DATA
Web Hosting Plus uses your personal data:
- to provide services to you;
- to manage any registered account(s) that you hold with us;
- for crime and fraud prevention, detection and related purposes;
- to enable Web Hosting Plus to manage customer service interactions with you; and
- where we have a legal right or duty to use or disclose your information (for example in relation to an investigation by a public authority or in a legal dispute).
WHO WE SHARE YOUR INFORMATION WITH
- OpenSRS (Tucows): OpenSRS is a wholesale domain name provider that we use to register, renew and manage domain names. When a domain name is registered, your name, address, phone number and email address details are shared with them so that their systems are able to register and maintain domains with valid Admin and Owner details. As part of this service you will be contacted by email by the OpenSRS system (showing our details) when registering a domain requesting you to give your consent and to 'opt-in' so that your details can be processed and that you can be contacted regarding your domain registration.
- Our SiteDesigner product is produced by BaseKit, and they have their own data policy available here
- Our SSL certificates are generated by Starfield Technologies, who have a Privacy Centre here
WHEN WE MIGHT CONTACT YOU
- When we reply to any service queries you have emailed us about.
- Whenever there is an important issue related to your service with us, for example, if your website contains material not permitted under our service terms, or if your website is using excessive bandwidth adversely affecting the web server, if malware or similar is detected on your website, etc.
- Whenever any part of your service (hosting, domain name(s), optional extra(s)) are due for renewal. This will include email reminders and overdue renewal notification emails. We donÃt automatically take payment or renew any service (hosting and domains) you have with us, so renewal notifications are important to allow you to pay any renewal fees.
ACCESS TO YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
You are entitled to view, amend, or delete the personal information that we hold, however please note that valid contact details are a requirement to maintain a domain name registration. Details can be found on our domain terms page. You can edit your registered domain details here
If you have chosen to create an online account on our website, you can login and make any changes to your personal details there. You can also use our Support pages or email your request to our data protection officer from our contact us page.
LEGAL BASIS FOR PROCESSING CUSTOMER PERSONAL DATA
Web Hosting Plus collects and uses customers' personal data because is it necessary for:
- the purposes of complying with our duties and exercising our rights under a contract for the provisioning of service to a customer; or
- selling and supplying services to our customers;
- protecting customers, employees and other individuals and maintaining their safety, health and welfare;
- improving existing products and services and developing new products and services;
- complying with our legal and regulatory obligations;
- preventing, investigating and detecting crime, fraud or anti-social behaviour and prosecuting offenders, including working with law enforcement agencies;
- handling customer contacts, queries, complaints or disputes;
- managing insurance claims by customers;
- protecting Web Hosting Plus, its employees and customers, by taking appropriate legal action against third parties who have committed criminal acts or are in breach of legal obligations to Web Hosting Plus;
- effectively handling any legal claims or regulatory enforcement actions taken against Web Hosting Plus; and
- fulfilling our duties to our customers and colleagues.
HOW LONG DO WE KEEP YOUR DATA FOR?
This website does not use Google Analytics to collect or monitor use of this site.
We do not operate or use any Mailing Lists on this site.
WHAT ARE COOKIES?
HOW ARE COOKIES MANAGED?
The cookies stored on your computer or other device when you access our website are created by:
- Our Shopping Cart system, the website software used to operate this website and are essential and necessary to enable you to a make purchases on our website
WHAT ARE COOKIES USED FOR?
The main purpose for which cookies are used are:
HOW DO I DISABLE COOKIES?
To disable cookies you can change your website browser settings to reject cookies. How you do this will depend on the browser you use. Details on how to disable cookies for the most popular browsers are shown below:
For Microsoft Internet Explorer:
1. Choose the menu 'tools' then 'Internet Options'
2. Click on the 'privacy' tab
3. Select the setting the appropriate setting
For Google Chrome:
1. Choose Settings> Advanced
2. Under 'Privacy and security' click 'Content settings'.
3. Click 'Cookies'
For Apple's Safari:
1. Choose Preferences > Privacy
2. Click on 'Remove all Website Data'
For Mozilla Firefox:
1. Choose the menu 'tools' then 'Options'
2. Click on the icon 'privacy'
3. Find the menu 'cookie' and select the relevant options
For Opera 6.0 and above:
1. Choose the menu Files> 'Preferences'
WHAT HAPPENS IF I DISABLE COOKIES?
If you only disable third party cookies, you will not be prevented from making purchases on our website. If you disable all cookies, you will be unable to complete a purchase on our website.